For the world exhibition "Expo 2017" we were commissioned to construct a total of 19 autonomous flying AirOrbs that portrayed the sun and the planets in this high-tech show production.
After 2 months construction and 3 weeks set up, programming and on-site rehearsals, the show was run to a timecode to ensure that the flight paths and on-board lighting were perfectly synchronised with the other show effects and performers.
- Location: Expo 2017, Astana, Kazakhstan
- Date: June 2017
- Summary of work:
- 1 x helium based computer controlled "Sun" AirOrb of 2.8 meters (9 ft) with 6 BlackTrax LED markers for live video tracking whilst in flight
- 10 x helium based computer controlled "Planet" AirOrbs in various sizes depicting the planets of the solar system with time coded interior LED lighting
- 8 x helium based computer controlled white AirOrbs of meter (3.2 ft) with time coded interior LED lighting
- High end optical tracking system with 18 high speed cameras surrounding the flying area for establishing the real time positioning of all AirOrbs
- Computer controlled autonomous flight control system with a main computer that autonomously directed and processed the tracking data to then precisely guide the AirOrbs through their pre-programmed flight paths
- Show concept: Andree Verleger, ABC Event Production GmbH & Co. KG
- Client: Star Projects, Moscow